Saturday, May 17, 2008

I WISH WE HAD PRAYED

Today was a glorious day! Besides being a shoot day, the weather was cooperating here in S. Texas. Low humidity with high 60’s, low 70’s, and that was all day! We gathered early in the morning, which is customary for a monthly shoot. Everyone appeared to be in high spirits anticipating the activities in store. Not only was this a great day to be shooting, a picnic had been planned for afterwards for even more fun and fellowship.

By 8:30 all attending had arrived, and the shooters meeting was started by the president of the club. The pledge was recited in unison both for our USA and the Texas flag. We’re all still having difficulty remembering the Texas one, but it’s starting to catch on. The highlight of the meeting was when sincere words of gratefulness were spoken for a couple of miracles that had been witnessed by most of these club members regarding two members. These two members had suffered significant trials in their lives. Both were now well on their way to recovery. I couldn’t help thinking to myself – Praises to God for His mercy and deliverance for these two people and their families.

My eyes searched the crowd as my spirit cried out – who has been asked to voice a prayer to God Almighty who has delivered such blessings already this morning. I hear muffled voices as the officers of the club lament and ask one another what other matters need to be covered since the safety portion was complete. I see a shrug, my spirit begins to fall, more like plummet, as I think of such an opportunity to praise God and give back to Him just a portion of all He had blessed us with this glorious morning. Then I hear, “Let’s Shoot”. Scripture flies through my mind as I now begrudgingly push my gun cart to my assigned stage. Silently I thank God for myself and on behalf of the others who never acknowledged God gifts starring each of us in the face.

We can talk about Father God, but if we don’t praise Him, he clearly tells us that the very stones of the earth will cry out in praise! (Luke 29:40)

Prissy Pearlene
#59753

No comments: